Saturday 31 March 2012

What happened to romance?

What happened to romance?  Before entering the heart of it, I want to make something very clear. I'm not a very romantic person. I roll my eyes at the cheesy love songs, has absolutely no plan for my wedding, and I think the idea of ​​giving gifts for every single holiday is not just a bit much, but it is also costly. I am not a high maintenance girl. I swear, you can check my references. But I noticed a disturbing trend lately has made me stop and say something I never thought I'd say ...
What happened in court? What happened to a boy and a girl meet for a date and meet the others? What happened to call a girl to talk to him instead of sending a steady stream of texts? Why do guys try to organize and cancel dates via Facebook? It's a little weird and against nature, and honestly, cowards. And quite romantic.
But it happens.
Social media has changed the dating game. They not only create the need for immediate gratification, but also creates a new set of barriers between people.Why bother making the effort to call a girl when you can just text her? Or better yet, three girls text at the same time? Why try to think on your feet and be charming in person, when you analyze each word before sending a message carefully crafted to Facebook? And above all, why bother to meet a girl when you can watch your Facebook profile?
A few months ago a friend of my friend added on Facebook because "I thought it was cute." Or at least that's what I told my friend who told me to advance. Friended me, sent me a message and started talking as if he knew me. As if this is a quite normal to find someone, instead of, oh, I do not know. .. in a bar or a line of coffee.
Call me old, but I think the rarity of these interactions should at least be considered. Stalk me on Facebook my friend, he picked me up at the bottom of a catalog. Then it was assumed that I agree with him. There was a procession, train and get to know each other. There was no effort. Just skip this step and assumed he knew me, because he took a look at my Facebook profile. And when he asked me out for the night, was offended that I already had plans. And "out" was a drink.Sorry, but when dinner is out of question? Do you really supposed to meet someone in a bar full of people enjoying cocktails awkwardly trying to decide whether to go ahead and get the third cut?
I mean how fast we can make the game dating? Does the need for instant gratification become so great that not even bother to think sharing a meal with someone if you do not know for sure it will work? Essentially technology enables effortless for boys and girls to contact these days. So why not put some effort in?As with the current date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...